Ensuring that outreach methods are representative and client-focused will be the difference between survivors of labor trafficking connecting with or walking past our materials. Hear from survivors on their ideas on creating tailored outreach campaigns here.
- What red-flags did you identify in Anna’s experience?
- Working more hours and days than is legal
- Illegal deductions from pay such as breaks, sick time, and safety equipment
- Rumors of bad things happening to people who quit/didn’t pay their debt
- Mentions of owing a debt
- What were some of the barriers to Anna’s self-identification?
- Portrayal of human trafficking survivors being disproportionately white is a common in outreach.
- Representations of excessive force such as chains
- Use of words without examples
- No understanding that labor trafficking victims may still be paid
Topic(s): Outreach, Service Delivery, Survivor Experiences
Resource Type: Educational Video
Date: October 15, 2020